Find out how to allow Snapchat to access your phone’s camera. What to do to fix Snapchat can’t access the camera on iPhone and Android. Snapchat is a camera app, so how can we use Snapchat if it can access the phone’s camera. Here we will explain how to fix Snapchat can’t access the phone’s camera for iPhone and Android.
Sometimes there is a glitch on the Snapchat app so that this application cannot access your camera. Snapchat relies heavily on the camera as their main weapon. Snapchat needs to “borrow” the camera device on your phone so that the application can take pictures on its own without having to utilize a third-party app. If you can’t use Snapchat’s camera, all you can do is publish Snaps from photos that have been saved in Memories.
To fix this glitch, you need to allow Snapchat to access your phone’s camera.
How to fix can’t allow Snapchat access to the camera
The first step you can take to fix this is to clean up some space on your phone (delete some useless photos, memes, and videos) and then turned it off and on again and if you’re lucky the problem might be solved.
If the first method does not work, you can do the following steps in your Snapchat application.
- Update your Snapchat app, it could instantly fix the glitch, if not, follow the next steps:
- Launch your Snapchat app and go to the settings page (Profile -> gear icon)
- Search and select “Manage” under “Additional Services”
- Tap “Permissions” and select “Camera” from the list to allow camera access on Snapchat
If you are lucky, the above method can allow Snapchat to access the camera. If you have done the above method and it still does not work, then you need to improve from the side of your phone. If you are using an iPhone, follow these steps:
How to fix Snapchat access to the camera for iPhone
- Open Settings
- Choose ‘Privacy’ from the list of options
- Tap on ‘Camera’ in the Privacy options
- Scroll down until you see Snapchat and tap on it to turn camera access on or off
How to fix Snapchat access to the camera for Android phone
- Go to your Android phone’s settings
- Open ‘Applications’
- Scroll down to find Snapchat and open its settings
- Select ‘Permissions’
- Tap its ‘Camera’ switch to toggle its access on Snapchat on or off
So that is how to allow Snapchat to access the camera for Android and iPhone, hopefully, what we said above can help solve your problem. If you are still experiencing difficulties, feel free to submit the questions in the comments column