If you are a pro at using Snapchat, then you do not need to read this article because it will only waste your time. This article is only intended for those who are still wondering how the app work.
Snapchat is a social media app, the purpose of a social media app is to interact with other people or friends. So in order to use Snapchat, you must have friends to be invited to interact or make them as the audience of the contents you share on your Snapchat stories. Here are some methods you can use to add friends on Snapchat.
How to get and add friends on Snapchat
- Adding friends via username, Just like other social media, when you sign up, you will get a unique username. Everyone on Snapchat has one, simply ask your friend’s Snapchat usernames. Open your Snapchat app and tap the ghost icon at the top of the screen, then select Add Friends -> Add by Username. Type or paste our friend’s username to the box and tap +Add. That’s it, your frind’s name will be on your Snapchat’s friend list.
- Using your Contacts to add friends, When you install Snapchat to your phone, you are allowing the app to access your Contacts, this will allow you to adding your friends via Contacts. The app will search for your friends’s phone number on your contact that has a Snapchat account. Tap on the ghost icon at the top of the screen, select Add Friends –> Add from Contacts. You may still choose which one you want to add. Scroll down or search for your friend by name, and hit +Add to add them to your list of friends.
- Using Snapcode to add friends, Snapchat also has it’s own QR code, it called Snapcode. You can use your Snapcode as your profile picture on other social media so people cen add you easily. Your Snapcode is represented by a unique pattern of black dots within the yellow ghost box that is associated with your profile. If you find someone’s Snapcode and you want to add him or her, take a picture of it or download and save it to your camera roll. The steps is still the same, tap the ghost icon, select Add Friends –> Add by Snapcode. Select the Snapcode picture you alreade have, and he or she will automatically be added to your friends list. Usernames also appear directly below Snapcodes, however, so it may be easier to simply punch in your friend’s username instead.
- How to add random people on Snapchat ? When you see someone attractive around you and you really want to know what’s on his or her Snapchat stories but you are too shy to ask for her or his number or Snapchat usernames. Well, you can use this awesome feature. From Add Friends, select Add Nearby. This will open a screen where anyone nearby can see your username and add you as a friend. In order to do this, people around you also have to accessing the Add Nearby screen on Snapchat when you do.
- Quick Add, another way to add a friend on Snapchat is via Quick Add. Friends and acquaintances appear in the Quick Add menu based on a number of factors and connections, as if sharing a mutual friend in Snapchat or have recently been added to the phone contacts list, although the exact method is not clear.
In addition to adding friends, it is likely that you are also added by your friends and you need to accept the friend request. Tap the ghost icon at the top of the default screen and select Added Me to accept a friend request. The next screen will display all users who’ve added you as a friend, but haven’t yet received confirmation.
Once you have enough friends, you can start sending them snaps, creating a story, or use the latest features: Group chat where you can chat to several friends on a room.