How to back up your camera roll on Snapchat
Find out how to back up your camera roll on Snapchat for iPhone and Android. What do you need to do if your camera roll is not backed up by Snapchat?
Backing up your camera roll on Snapchat means importing snaps from your camera roll. Camera roll is a gallery folder on your phone. There are photos and videos that you take using your phone’s camera, not Snapchat’s camera. If you take a picture using Snapchat’s camera, it will be stored in Snapchat Memories, unless you also set it to be saved also in the camera roll.
There is a time with certain conditions, you can not use Snapchat and can only take pictures using your phone’s camera. When you can use Snapchat again, you need to back up your camera roll on Snapchat so you can make Snaps from pictures and videos stored on your camera roll.
How to back up and import your camera roll to Snapchat app
- Update your Snapchat app to the latest version. Go to Google Play Store or Apple App Store to fetch the update.
- Open the file manager on your phone and create a “Snapchat” folder on your camera roll.
- Open your Snapchat app, go to the Settings. From your profile page, tap the gear icon in the top-right corner.
- Scroll down and go to My Account, select Memories.
- Tap Import Snaps from Camera Roll.
- Select photos from your camera roll you want to back up to your Snapchat account. If you want to add all the photos from your camera roll to Snapchat, tap the red select all option at the top-center of the page.
So that’s how to back up your camera roll on Snapchat if you mean import media from camera roll to Snapchat’s Memories. Hopefully, this explanation helps you, if you are still experiencing difficulties please leave a comment below.