Erase your digital tracks on Snapchat by deleting messages and history. Follow the steps below to clear all messages and history on Snapchat for Android and iPhone.
When it was first developed, the main idea of the Snapchat app is not to save your chat recordings. The text that you send will disappear immediately after the recipient reads it. However, over time, Snapchat decided to provide the option to keep your messages. Many support this new feature, but not a few also reject it.
The reason for using Snapchat is because this app doesn’t store transcripts of your conversations, some people are comfortable with things like this. If you are one of them, let’s follow the steps below to clear all messages and history on Snapchat.
How to Delete Snapchat Message History
Before you do this, make sure you are really sure to completely delete your Snapchat message history because this will erase the entire conversation of a thread.
- Open your Snapchat app. From the main screen, go to the Settings
- Go down to the Privacy section, and select on “Clear Conversations”.
- You will get a conversation list. Select the conversation you want to delete by tapping on the X button next to it.
- A notification will show up, said “Are you sure you want to clear this conversation? … ” Press Clear to confirm.
That’s it, the message history vanishes. However, it should be noted that deleting a conversation does NOT delete any saved messages, it only removes the conversation from your display. If you want to delete the saved messages, follow the steps below.
How to delete saved message on Snapchat
- Choose a conversation thread.
- Look for the saved message that you want to delete. The background of the saved message will turn gray.
- Tap and hold on it until the background goes back to normal.
- Restart the Snapchat app, the message will have auto-deleted as usual.
If the message is still there, that means your friend also saved the message. The message will not disappear as long as your friend does not unsave it too. So this answers the question of why your message is not deleted after you unsave it.