In Snapchat’s biggest redesign update, you will be able to share your Snapchat Stories on other social media apps. You can share Snapchat Stories to other apps like Facebook and Twitter. The Snapchat Stories shared outside the Snapchat app also can be viewed on the web.
Snapchat is the inventor “Stories” concept. Instead of updating status using a text message, Snapchat Stories allows you to use picture or short video to update status. The Stories will disappear after 24 hours.
During this time Snapchat Stories can only be seen in the Snapchat app. Only friends who can see your Stories. Now in the latest update, you can share Snapchat Stories to other apps, allowing the outside world to be able to see your Snapchat Stories.
How to share Snapchat Stories to other apps (Email, Facebook, Twitter, Whatsapp, Line, etc)
- First, you have to update your Snapchat app to get the latest and the biggest Snapchat redesign update. Go to Google Play Store or Apple App Store to get the update.
- Launch your Snapchat app and swipe left from the main screen to go to the Discover tab.
- Press and hold the Stories your want to share.
- A menu will pop up with the option to “Send Story.” Tap it and pick your platform or apps. You can share it using text message, email, Facebook, or Twitter.
- If you select a text message or email, it will be a link that if opened will take you to the Snapchat’s url. Yes, now Snapchat Stories can be viewed on a web browser as well.
But not all Snapchat Stories you can share to other apps. You can share Snapchat Stories from the Official Stories (Stories from verified accounts like the celebrities). You can also share the Stories from “Our Stories” that are curated by Snapchat employees and Search Stories created by an algorithm around a certain subject or location.
For now sharing Snapchat Stories on other apps is only officially available in the U.K., Canada, and Australia, but it should available world wide in the next few weeks.
So that’s how to share or repost Snapchat Stories to other apps. Let your friends know about it to promote more people using Snapchat app.