The companies announced the partnership. Now You can use Shazam on Snapchat. Find out how to discover and share music using Shazam on Snapchat android and iPhone.
Shazam, one of the world’s most popular apps, is partnering with Snapchat to bring the magic of Shazam directly to Snapchatters. Now Snapchatters can use Shazam’s music recognition technology by pressing and holding the camera screen. The Snapchat app will then listen for nearby audio, and you can send the recognized song as a snap to friends. You can send it to 16 friends at a time.
How to get and use Shazam on Snapchat
This new feature will allow You to recognize music, engage with Shazam content, and send your music and artist discoveries as Snaps to your friends.
- First, you have to update your Snapchat app to the latest version to get this feature on Your Snapchat app.
- Once it updated, launch your Snapchat app, go to the main screen.
- Tap and hold on the camera screen to identify a song with Shazam. Songs you’ve Shazamed appear in Snapchat’s Settings.
- After the app recognize the song , you can tag it. It will pop-up an information telling you what song is playing and the artist who produced it. If it shows the wrong information, tap “Dismiss” to cancel it.
- You can actually listen to the song, Tap ‘Song Info’ button on the Shazam pop-up. On the song’s dedicated details screen that appears, swipe up until you see a video player. Tap it to start playing the song.
- Press and hold on the camera screen. You can decorate your Snap with Stickers, caption, doodle, apply some filters, etc.
- Send it to your friends or You can publish it on Your Story.
To view your Shazam history, go to Snapchat’s settings, scroll down and tap on ‘Shazam’ under Additional Services.
You do not need a Shazam account to use this feature. If you have a Shazam account and wish to sync it together with Snapchat, well unfortunately at this time it’s not possible. Hopefully in the future this could be done.