How to use Snap Map in Snapchat
Find out how to use Snap Map. Snap Map allow you to see the location of your friends on Snapchat, you can also discover Snapchat stories based on location.
You can use Snap Map to view Snaps or Stories from nearby sports events, celebrations, breaking news, or anything from all over the world. Let’s see how Snap Map works.
How to get and use Snap Map in Snapchat
- To get Snap Map, you have to update your Snapchat app to the latest version, you need to do this in order to get all the latest features and bugs fix. Go to Google Play Store or App Store to get the update.
- Launch your Snapchat app and go to the camera screen. Pinch the screen just like when you zoom in or out. You will see the Snap Map user interface.
- There are several things you can do in Snap Map. You can see where your friends are currently in the location map around you that represented by their Bitmoji and send them messages directly.
- You can also upload stories through Snap Map. If you upload a video or photo to Our Stories, it will be visible to everyone who is not your friend for the next 24 hours.
- You can see a “heat” color on the Snap Map that indicates many people posted content on Our Stories at that location. With this feature you can find out or following the events that are going on elsewhere through stories posted by peoples.
- If you do not feel comfortable with this location sharing service or your privacy may threatened, you can disable the location sharing in Settings. You can also choose anyone from your friends list who can see your location, or you can be completely lost from Snap Map by enabling Ghost Mode.
- Your location on Snap Map can only be known when you open Snapchat App and enable location sharing. If you do not open the Snapchat app for some time then you will disappear from the Snap Map.
Regardless of how cool this Snap Map is, there is a concern that this feature can be exploited by bad guys to commit their evil intentions.
According to cbc.ca, Cybertip.ca, a program run by the Canadian Centre for Child Protection, sent out a Cybertip alert on Tuesday about this feature. “The new feature is essentially a tool for individuals using Snapchat to share where they are and what they’re doing at any given time with their ‘Snaps,'” said Stephen Sauer, senior analyst with Cybertip.ca.
So that’s how to use Snap Map, you can always choose how you use it, whether you want only the closest friends or everyone who can see where you are, always be wise in using this apps.