Rather than compete with each other, how about we mash up these two apps: using Snapchat’s filter and lens in Instagram Stories. Let’s find out how to do it.
This month, instagram released a new feature called stories which mostly look like Snapchat Stories, you can upload photos or videos with a doodle or stickers then the content will be lost within 24 hours. In an interview with techcrunch, Kevin Systrom, the CEO of instagram admitted “They deserve all the credit,” but insisted “This isn’t about who invented something. This is about a format, and how you take it to a network and put your own spin on it.”
No need to fuss about who is better, the idea is to create a content using Snapchat’s feature and upload it to Instagram Stories. Why not upload it to Snapchat? because instagram doesn’t have lens and features as cool as Snapchat, so let Instagram do the public division.
How to Use Snapchat Filters in Instagram Stories
- First, make sure the snaps you create will be saved to your camera roll, not memories. Go to Settings –> Memories. On the Saving section, tap on Save to…. Select Camera Roll Only, this will save your Snap or Story to camera roll.
- Take a snap with your favorite filters and stickers, then hit the download icon to save it to your phone.
- Launch your instagram app, and create a story
- Instead taking a picture, you can upload a picture from you camera roll, swipe up your screen, and the recent pictures or video saved to your camera roll will show up.
- Take which one you download from Snapchat, then upload it.
The lack of instagram stories is that they does not have filters like Snapchat, so why not complement each other, let those big companies compete with each other, we as users can enjoy the features they provide.