New Snapchat Update
Snapchat updates always come with cool features like new filters or lenses. In order to use the latest features of Snapchat, you need to update your Snapchat app to the latest version. Follow the steps below to get the new Snapchat update for iPhone and Android.
Actually you do not have to worry to get the new Snapchat update if your Android phone or iPhone running the latest Operating System because they have an automatic app update feature. The automatic updates sometimes run late, it only run some time after the new update is available. If you choose to disable the automatic update to save the use of mobile data, then you need to update Snapchat app manually.
By following the steps below, you can get the new Snapchat update right after released.
How to update Snapchat app on iPhone
You can update Snapchat app on your iPhone directly from the App Store. Make sure you are connected to a stable internet connection, Wi-Fi connection is recommended.
- Open the App Store. If prompted, enter your Apple ID and password and tap Sign in.
- Go to Updates tab. Here you can see available updates will be indicated by the red notification bubble over the button.
- If there are several applications that need to be updated, you can tap Update All. But you can choose to update Snapchat app only by tapping the Update button next to Snapchat app.
- While updating, the Snapchat icon will be greyed out on the home screen until it finished.
- If the update process is interrupted with a bad internet connection or stalled for some reason, you can pause the update via the home screen or stop the update via the Updates tap in the App Store.
How to update Snapchat app on Android
You can update Snapchat app on your Android phone directly from the Google Play Store. Make sure you are connected to a stable internet connection, Wi-Fi connection is recommended.
- Open the Google Play Store, go to My apps & games.
- Google Play Store will scan for the new updates available and show the result to you.
- You can tap UPDATE ALL if there are several applications that need to be updated.
- If you want to get the new Snapchat update only, tap UPDATE button next to Snapchat.
How to get notified when there is a new Snapchat update
If you feel that Automatic Updates sometimes run late, and manually checking the update is too much of a hassle, you can get notified when there is a new Snapchat update by using Google Alert.
- Go to https://google.com/alerts. Create an alert about “new Snapchat update”, tap Create Alert.
- Edit your alert by tapping the pencil icon.
- On How often section, select As-it-happens.
- Select News for your Sources to get the valid sources.
You will get an email every time there is a news saying that Snapchat released a new update. After getting the notification, you can directly update your Snapchat app.
So that is how to get and install new Snapchat update for Android and iPhone. Make sure your friends also know about this so you and your friends can get the latest Snapchat features together. If you still have difficulties in updating Snapchat app, please let us know about it.