Snapchat group chat
Snapchat recently released a new feature. Now you can do a group chat with up to 16 friends on Snapchat. Find out how to get and use Snapchat group chat.
On December 13th, Snapchat announced a new function called Groups. This feature was released for the holidays season this end of the year. “it’s always better together! We couldn’t think of a better time to announce Groups” said Team Snap on their official press release. With the addition of the group chat feature, Snapchat increasingly leaving competitors like WhatsApp and Facebook’s messeger app.
How to get and use Snapchat group chat
Obviously, the new feature let you talk to a group of friends, you can talk to up to 16 peoples from your friends list. Let’s find out how to use it.
- First, you have to update your Snapchat app to the latest version, every time they release a new feature, you have to update your Snapchat app to get the feature. Check on your App Store or Play Store.
- Start a regular chat with one of your friend, the you can add up to 16 names. You can see who’s participating in a group chat that you created at the bottom of the group message, each participant’s name will be listed.
- You can sen text-based messages along with emojis, stickers, photos, video.
- If you want to do individual chat, just tap on the name. They called it the Quick Chat, this is the easiest way to keep the conversation just between the two of you.
- As with the initial idea of the app, the Group chat conversations will be deleted after 24 hours. Snaps sent to a Group can be opened and replayed just once by each recipient. If a Snap isn’t opened, it’s deleted after 24 hours, just like Chats.
Another new features released in conjunction with the Group chat is a new Creative Tools: Scissors and Paintbrush. You can cut out part of a Snap using Scissors on on the Preview Screen and turn it into a sticker. While you can use Paintbrush in Memories, draw something awesome on your Snaps using this tool.