Snapchat not working in iOS 13
Every time you do an update on the operating system, it will often affect the applications that have been installed before, like Snapchat for example. Updating to iOS 13 has the potential to cause problems such as in-app glitches, firmware errors, incorrect settings, network issues, and other bugs. The following are some tips that you can follow when your Snapchat app is not working on iOS 13.
Before proceeding further to do troubleshooting, first check your internet connection. Snapchat app can only work with an internet connection, so who knows your problem is on the internet connection. If there are no problems with your internet connection, then let’s continue.
Stop and restart the Snapchat app on your iPhone
Turning it off and on again is the ultimate solution for almost anything. When you leave the Snapchat app running while updating to iOS 13, it might end up glitching. Restarting the app is the solution. The trick is to quit Snapchat then launch it again on your iPhone.
If you are using an iPhone X or newer, follow these steps to stop the Snapchat app running in the background:
- Go to the Home screen
- Swipe up from the bottom of the screen and pause slightly in the middle of the screen.
- Swipe right or left to navigate through apps preview.
- Swipe up on the Snapchat app’s preview to close it.
If you are using an older iPhone like iPhone 8 or older, you can use the following steps:
- Go to your Home screen and press the Home key twice to view recent applications.
- Swipe on the Snapchat app card/preview upward to quit or end the app.
Restart the iPhone to fix Snapchat not working after updating to iOS 13
If restarting the app doesn’t solve the problem, then the next step is restarting the iPhone. Restarting the iPhone after updating to iOS 13 is sometimes necessary to clean up minor firmware errors inflicted by the recent iOS update installation. Restarting the iPhone also gives the Snapchat app or other apps the chance to do a clean fresh start.
How to do restart or reboot on iPhone 8 or older version:
- Press and hold the Power button for a few seconds until the Slide to Power Off label appears.
- Drag the slider to power off your device.
- After 30 seconds, press the Power button to turn it back on.
How to restart or reboot iPhone X and X series:
- Press and hold the Top button and either the Volume button for a few seconds.
- Release both buttons when the Slide to Power Off label appears.
- Drag the slider to power off your device completely.
- After 30 seconds, press and hold the Top button again until the Apple logo appears.
After your iPhone comes back to life, try to connect to the internet again and try to run the Snapchat app to find out if the app can be used again properly.
Update your Snapchat app to the latest version
Usually, the developer will do an update to adjust to the new operating system. If the latest version of Snapchat is available, then you need to immediately update your Snapchat app. Go to the Apple App Store to get the update.
If you have successfully updated the Snapchat app, you might also need to reboot your iPhone once more to ensure that your Snapchat app is working properly on iOS 13.
Turn off app restrictions on your iPhone.
The iPhone has a feature that might prevent the Snapchat app from running properly. If you enable this feature called Content and Privacy Restrictions, then it might be the reason why your Snapchat app isn’t working properly on iOS 13. To stop it, then you must disable this feature:
- Open the Settings app from Home.
- Tap on Screen Time.
- Scroll to Content & Privacy Restrictions.
- Toggle the switch to turn restrictions off.
If you still need this feature to stay on, you can still enable it but make sure Snapchat is listed under the Allowed Apps section. This will lift up Restrictions for Snapchat while keeping other apps limited.
Reinstall the Snapchat app
Updating to iOS 13 might cause the Snapchat app to become corrupted so that it doesn’t work on the latest iOS. To overcome this, you need to uninstall the corrupted Snapchat app from your iPhone and install the latest version of Snapchat directly from the Apple App Store. If you don’t know how to uninstall an app on the iPhone, follow the steps below:
- Open the Settings app from your Home screen.
- Tap General.
- Tap iPhone Storage.
- Find Snapchat from the list of apps.
- Then tap the option to Delete App.
- If prompted, tap Delete to confirm that you want to delete the Snapchat app from your iPhone.
Reboot your iPhone before installing the Snapchat app again.
Reset all settings on your iOS 13’s iPhone
When updating to iOS 13, there may be some wrong settings on your iPhone, resulting in a malfunction in the Snapchat app. This usually happens when the iOS 13 updates imposed automatic settings overrides, which eventually results in some conflicts. To clear this out, reset all settings on your iPhone with these steps:
- Go to the Home screen, tap Settings.
- Scroll to and tap General.
- Tap on Reset.
- Select the option to Reset all settings.
- Enter your passcode if prompted to proceed.
- Tap to confirm that you want to reset all settings on your device.
Your phone will restart and restore your default preferences. This does not delete any information stored in the internal memory, do not worry. After rebooting, you can enable the features you need to use on your device.
Well, that’s all we know how to fix the Snapchat app not working properly after updating to iOS 13. If you have done everything we have explained above but your Snapchat app is still not working, then the last step is to file a report to Snapchat Support. There may be some in-app settings that need to be reconfigured so that your Snapchat app can work on the new iOS. Another way is to report this problem to Apple Support so that they can tag it among other post-update errors to fix the next patch rollout.
So that’s how to fix Snapchat not working in iOS 13. If you managed to do the troubleshooting by yourself with one of the ways above, or maybe you have another method, please share it with us.