Let’s find out how to turn land into a pool of water using this new Snapchat AR Lens.
Snapchat releases a new AR lens or filter that allows you to change terrain such as solid pavement, carpeting, highways, and other terrains into reflective water through a mix of segmentation technology and machine learning.
Just like a hot lava lens, this lens or filter works the same way. The app, through the camera lens, will detect land or ground terrains and then swap it into the liquid, plus a little yellow caution sign.
How to use Snapchat water AR Lens
- Update your Snapchat app to the latest version. Go to Google Play Store or Apple App Store to get the update.
- Open Snapchat on iOS or Android
- On the main screen, tap the screen to open the Lens Carousel
- Select Carousel (Double-click the screen or click “switch” in the upper right corner if you need to switch to world-facing view)
- Slide the Lens Carousel to find the Lens “Floor is Water”
- Tap to take a snap or hold the shutter button to take a video.
- Share it as a snap, or Stories
Snapchat’s water AR lens largely exchanges almost all of the ground in front of you for reflective water, which alternates between something credible and obviously artificial, depending on how well the segmentation works. This new lens uses machine learning models to detect geometry and semantics, isolating obviously ground-based objects from contrasting backgrounds.
So that is how to turn the floor into the water using Snapchat AR Lens. Quite fun to try right? immediately update your Snapchat app and try it yourself, use this AR Lens from Snapchat, don’t forget to let your friends know about this new lens as well.