Find out how to use Snapchat weather and world effects in Snap Map. Snapchat released some new features in Snap Map, making your location sharing experience in Snap Map more fun by adding weather and world effects. Since it released, your location in Snap Map is marked with your Bitmoji with outfit you choose as you like. Snap Map now comes with new updates that better represent the true state of your location.
The new features called Weather and World Effects. The Weather will add an animated weather pattern to your location in Snap Map. The World Effects will change or add effects to Snap Map if a special event is happening, such as your birthday, Christmas or Easter. You might see confetti on those special days.
The Weather effect will read the weather forecast on your current location and display the animated weather pattern according to it. If it is raining now in your location, then you will the rain pouring in your Snap Map.
How to use Weather and World Effects in Snap Map
- First, you have to update your Snapchat app to the latest version. Go to Apple App Store or Google Play Store to get the updates.
- Turn on the location service on your iPhone or Android.
- Make sure you have allowed Snapchat app to use your location. To check it, go to Settings –> Additional Services –> Manage –> Permissions –> Location.
- Go to the main screen or camera screen and zoom out the screen to open the Snap Map.
- To share your location, do not enable Ghost Mode, or you can choose which one of your friends that you allow to see your location on the Snap Map.
That’s it, now your Snap Map will look more fun with Weather and World Effect. Your friends also can not lie when they say that they are enjoying the sunlight on a beach, while you can see they are soaking wet in the Snap Map.