Why can’t i download Snapchat on android and how to fix it
Are you wondering why you can’t install Snapchat app on your Android? Let’s find out how to fix it so you can install Snapchat app on your Android phone.
There are many things that can cause why you can not download and install the Snapchat app on your Android phone. You may not have a stable Internet connection so your download through Google Play Store is interupted and you get the message “No connection”, “Connection timed out”, error (927) or error RPC:S-7:AEC-0.
Full storage capacity can also be the reason why you can’t install Snapchat app on your Android. Here are the steps for troubleshooting and fixing it. Do the sequence, if the first step does not work, then do the next step.
How to fix failed to install Snapchat app on Android phone
- Restart your device. The first step you can do is to turning your android device off and turning it on again. If you are lucky, then you are able to install Snapchat app on your Android phone on your next try after making sure that you are connected to the stable internet connection, use WiFi connection instead of mobile data.
- Update the date and time on your Android phone. Incorrect date and time can be the reason why you can not install or download Snapchat app on your Android phone. Go to your Android phone’s settings and tap on “Date and time”. Uncheck “Automatic date & time” and “Automatic time zone,” change the date and time manually to the wrong time, yes change to the different time. Go the home screen and repeat the previous steps but this time you set the time and date to the correct and exact time, then check on “Automatic date & time” and “Automatic time zone”. Try to download and install Snapchat from Play Store again.
- Clear cache and data. If fixing time and date is still not giving a change, the next thing you can do is clearing cache and data. Go to your Android phone’s settings –> Application manager –> Google Play Store –> Clear cache –> Clear data, then back to Application manager and select Downloads or Download Manager –> Clear cache –> Clear data. Try to download and install Snapchat from Play Store again.
- Reinstall Google Play Store Updates. Sometimes a Google Play Store update is available but won’t automatically download until days after being released. Go to the Settings –> Application manager –> Google Play Store –> Uninstall updates. You may prompted to change the Play Store app back to the factory version, tap OK and back to the home screen. Your Google Play Store will be updated automatically if you have a strong internet connection. Try to download and install Snapchat from Play Store again.
- Install system updates. Sometimes certain apps like Snapchat require the latest system updates in order to install. Go to the Settings –> About or System updates. If there is an update available, follow the instructions to install it. Maybe you need to find out more about what will happen if you install the system update on your Android phone because some phone is damaged when the owner installing the system updates.
- Turn on the Download Manager. Maybe you can’t download Snpachat on your Android because the Download Manager has been disabled. Google Play Store only work when the Download Manager is on. Go to the Settings –> Application manager. Near the top of your screen, you’ll see several sections like “Downloaded,” “Running,” or “All.” Swipe right until you see “All” and tap Download Manager and touch Enable.
- Check your Android phone’s available storage. If your android phone does not have available storage, then Snapchat will not be downloadable, Snapchat app require at least 1GB free space. Delete or backup some big files like photos and videos that take up too many space so you can download and install Snapchat app to your Android phone.
So that’s why you can not download and install Snapchat on your android phone and how to fix it. If you have followed the steps above and still can not download Snapchat to your android phone, then the last step you can do is to ask for help directly on Google. Contact them via this link.