Find out why you can’t create a Snapchat account and how to fix it. Are you trying to create a Snapchat account and always fail? Learn some of the reasons why Snapchat doesn’t allow you to create an account so you can fix it.
Currently, Snapchat is working hard to get more people to register and use the Snapchat app. So it is highly unlikely that Snapchat will prevent you from creating an account. Maybe you missed something or did something wrong while signing up so Snapchat hasn’t been able to accept your registration.
Adapted from Snapchat support, here are the basic steps for creating a Snapchat account.
- Download the official Snapchat app for iOS or Android. Get it only from Apple App Store and Google Play Store
- Open the app and tap “Sign Up” to create a new Snapchat account.
- Enter your name and tap ‘Sign Up & Accept.’ Then enter your birthday
- Create a Snapchat username.
- You can’t change your Snapchat username later, so choose wisely!
- Choose a secure password.
- We recommend making your password 10 characters or longer so it’s extra strong.
- Enter your phone number and verify it for account security.
- You can also tap ‘sign up with email instead’ if you don’t want to use your phone number.
Very simple and easy right? You only need a mobile phone number or an email address to get a Snapchat account. Then some people start having problems, they get notifications like “can’t create a Snapchat account right now” or something like that.
From the steps above, we can draw some conclusions about why you can’t create a Snapchat account.
First, make sure you are well connected to the internet because this error usually occurs only because of a connection problem. You can check the signal of your Wi-fi or phone data on the screen directly. If your internet connection is great, please try to register again. If it works, then you don’t need to read the rest of this article.
Why Snapchat hasn’t let you sign up yet.
Here are some other reasons:
- Maybe you entered a username that was used by another Snapchat user. Make a unique username that no one would ever think to use except you.
- When entering your birthday, if you are under 13 years old, you will not be able to create a Snapchat account. Wait a few more years. Meanwhile, you can learn other knowledge which is much more useful.
- Maybe you entered the wrong email address. Make sure you don’t use a fictitious email address because email is very important for Snapchat so they can verify you as a user by sending the confirmation code on it as you sign up.
- Maybe you entered the wrong mobile phone number. If you choose to register using a mobile phone number, then make sure you enter it correctly. Also, make sure that the number is active and you can access it. Mobile phone number is important for Snapchat to verify you as a user. Snapchat will send the confirmation code on it as you sign up.
So those are some of the reasons why you can’t create a Snapchat account and how to fix them. Apart from that, you can also register for Snapchat via the web page https://accounts.snapchat.com/accounts/signup?client_id=scan. However, you will still need your mobile phone for the verification process.